homest change log
Back to main homest page.
Below is a list of changes and improvements made to homest in reverse chronological order:
- December 17, 2011: homest version 1.4 released
- Improved thread safety by eliminating global variables in homest.c.
- Added a CMake configuration file for building homest.
- Added function homest_quartiles() which given a homography estimate, computes
the three values which cut off the lowest 25%, 50% and 75% of data points.
- July 30, 2009: homest version 1.3 released
- CAUTION FOR PREVIOUS VERSIONS USERS: An argument (i.e., idxOutliers)
was added to homest() & homestaff(). It points to a preallocated array of integers which
upon return is filled with the indices of outlying pair matches. The matlab interface has also changed, with the
(optional) second returned value now being an array consisting of the outlier indices instead of their number.
- Fixed a couple of issues with memory alignment on 64 bit systems.
- Employed a random number generator that works correctly under both 32 and 64 bit systems.
Thanks to Florent Vial for pinpointing a problem with the previous generator.
- Introduced return codes indicating the outcome of homography estimation via homest() & homestaff():
In case of tolerable errors, both functions now return HOMEST_ERR (-1); they return
HOMEST_OK otherwise. Intolerable errors still cause program termination via exit().
- Added more verbose output.
- July 23, 2008: homest version 1.2 released
- Added the function homestaff() that facilitates the estimation of affine homographies.
- Added a matlab MEX-file
interface to homest, allowing it to be directly used from the matlab environment.
- Added the option of non-linear refinement using the (non-symmetric) inverse homographic transfer
error in the first image (see HOMEST_XFER_ERROR1). Also defined the macro
HOMEST_XFER_ERROR2 as a synonym for HOMEST_XFER_ERROR.
- Several other minor changes.
- November 17, 2007: homest version 1.1 released
- Implemented two additional optimization schemes for obtaining a homography,
namely minimization of the non-symmetric transfer error in the second image and
minimization of the reprojection error. The second of these schemes constitutes
the best (albeit most expensive computationally) method for homography estimation.
- As a result of the above addition, the numerical values of the HOMEST_*_ERROR
macros in homest.h have been changed. When invoking homest from your
own code, please make sure that you use symbolic constants instead of integer literals.
- Fixed a subtle error in the detection of outliers: The isResidualSqr argument
of lqsfit() was set to 1 but the function computing the residuals actually computed
their sqrt() and, therefore, less outliers were being detected. Now, the function
computing residuals computes them squared.
- The implementation of the no-linear minimization of the symmetric transfer error was
revised to rely upon four measurements per point pair rather than the one previously employed.
- To prevent name conflicts, the names of some global utility functions have been
prefixed with homest_ .
- July 21, 2006: homest version 1.0 released (first public release)