Professor, Computer Science Department, University of Crete
Researcher, Institute of Computer Science, FORTH
- CS672, Advanced Topics on Computer Vision (2007 - 2017)
- CS472, Computational Vision (2005 - 2017, Spring 2018)
- CS118, Discrete Mathematics (2007 - 2017, Spring 2018)
- CS672x, Modern topics of Robotic Perception and Action (Fall 2004, together with Prof. S.C. Orphanoudakis)
- CS472/572, Computer Vision (Spring 2004, together with Prof. S.C. Orphanoudakis)
- CS472/572, Computer Vision (Spring 2001)
- CS575, Laboratory in Autonomous Robot Navigation (Fall 2000, together with Prof. P. Trahanias)
- CS475, Autonomous Robot Navigation (Spring 2000)
- Contributions to teaching the course Computational Neurosciences, Brain and Mind graduate Program, University of Crete
Participation in summer schools
- 1st Hellenic Artificial Intelligence Summer School (HAISS’09) (http://www.icsd.aegean.gr/haiss09), International Hellenic University, Thessaloniki, Aug. 24-28, 2009
- Xperience Summer School, Mallorca, Spain, Oct. 2-5, 2013.
Research results and demonstrations out of course projects
- The paper K. Tzevanidis, A.A. Argyros, “Unsupervised learning of background modeling parameters in multicamera systems”, in Computer Vision and Image Understanding (CVIU), Elsevier, vol. 115, issue 1, pp. 105-116, 2011, was a follow-up activity of the course project of Konstantinos Tzevanidis in CS672, fall 2009.
- The paper V. Papadourakis, A.A. Argyros, “Multiple Objects Tracking in the Presence of Long-term Occlusions”, in Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Elsevier, vol. 114, issue 7, pp. 835-846, July 2010 was a follow-up activity of the course project of Vasilis Papadourakis in CS672, fall 2008. You may also visit the web page that describes this work.
- Video of the project on vision/sonar based route following and obstacle avoidance (CS672, fall 2004, T. Sarmis, L. Garyfallidis, K. Mastorakis)
- The paper K. Bekris, K. Hatzopoulos, G. Kazazakis, G. Kontolemakis, M. Masvoula, N. Tsivourakis, A.A. Argyros, P. Trahanias, “PYTHEAS: An Integrated Robotic System with Autonomous Navigation Capabilities”, Journal of Image Processing & Communications, Special issue on Intelligent Sensing, Image Processing and Applications, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 81-92, 2002 was the result of the project on laser based navigation and mapping (CS575, fall 2000, K. Bekris, K. Hatzopoulos, G. Kazazakis, G. Kontolemakis, M. Masvoula, N. Tsivourakis)