Professor, Computer Science Department, University of Crete
Researcher, Institute of Computer Science, FORTH
- CS672, Advanced Topics on Computer Vision (2007 - 2018)
- CS472, Computational Vision (2005 - 2018,
- CS118, Discrete Mathematics (2007 - 2018,
- CS672x, Modern topics of Robotic Perception and Action (Fall 2004, together with Prof. S.C. Orphanoudakis)
- CS472/572, Computer Vision (Spring 2004, together with Prof. S.C. Orphanoudakis)
- CS472/572, Computer Vision (Spring 2001)
- CS575, Laboratory in Autonomous Robot Navigation (Fall 2000, together with Prof. P. Trahanias)
- CS475, Autonomous Robot Navigation (Spring 2000)
- Contributions to teaching the course Computational Neurosciences, Brain and Mind graduate Program, University of Crete
Participation in summer schools
- 1st Hellenic Artificial Intelligence Summer School (HAISS’09) (http://www.icsd.aegean.gr/haiss09), International Hellenic University, Thessaloniki, Aug. 24-28, 2009
- Xperience Summer School, Mallorca, Spain, Oct. 2-5, 2013.
Research results and demonstrations out of course projects
The paper K. Tzevanidis, A.A. Argyros, “Unsupervised
learning of background modeling parameters in multicamera systems”, in Computer Vision and Image Understanding (CVIU),
Elsevier, vol. 115, issue 1, pp. 105-116, 2011, was a follow-up activity of
the course project of Konstantinos Tzevanidis in CS672, fall 2009.
The paper V. Papadourakis, A.A. Argyros, “Multiple
Objects Tracking in the Presence of Long-term Occlusions”, in Computer Vision and Image Understanding,
Elsevier, vol. 114, issue 7, pp. 835-846, July 2010 was a follow-up activity of the course project of Vasilis
Papadourakis in CS672, fall 2008. You may also visit
the web page that describes this work.
Video of the project on vision/sonar based route following and obstacle avoidance (CS672, fall 2004,
T. Sarmis, L. Garyfallidis, K. Mastorakis). Download the video.
The paper K. Bekris, K. Hatzopoulos, G. Kazazakis, G. Kontolemakis, M. Masvoula, N. Tsivourakis, A.A. Argyros, P. Trahanias, “
An Integrated Robotic System with Autonomous Navigation Capabilities”, Journal of Image Processing &
Communications, Special issue on Intelligent Sensing, Image Processing and Applications, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 81-92,
2002 was the result of the project on laser based navigation and mapping (CS575, fall 2000, K. Bekris, K. Hatzopoulos,
G. Kazazakis, G. Kontolemakis, M. Masvoula, N. Tsivourakis). Download the video.